My Book of the Day: The Chronicles of Narnia - The Magician's Nephew


I haven't got myself to write actual poems, so in the meantime, I would be posting the books I am currently reading. And just yesterday, I finished "The Magician's Nephew," the first book (chronologically) in the Narnia series. I searched for this book for a very long time (a year, in fact) in different bookshops, and when I'd finally found it in Booksale Galleria, I had to stop and think and stare at the book because I was in denial. I wasn't really looking for it at that time. Really, thinking about it now, it was as if I actually found Narnia in my cabinet (oh, my wardrobe). But anyways...

As usual, it was a great read. The sense of wonder that I've once felt when I first read "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" was again filling me up. And it was good. I think that that is one thing about the Narnian chronicles, yes there are seven books, but one will always feel as if he/she is exploring a new world in each book. And while reading this particular book, it became one of my favorites in the Chronicles, along with LWW. Reading it was like actually seeing Narnia in its very conception, again, that sense of wonder. It's also amusing how everything that has happened in the book connects with everything else in the series.

In all, I just love the book and sets itself in terms of innocence and wonder (and even violence in some respects) at par with LWW. Still, it's a great book, great read. I truly recommend this to anyone who wants escape, if momentarily, from our world. 

Yep, I might check my cabinet again later.

2 comments:

  1. mag ang song of ice and fire ka na! weeeee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah. Ba't di ako makareply sa inyo sir mooooootsss???? Newbie talaga ako. Oh well. Oo nga, pressurized na kong magbasa, dinaig na ko ng mga bagets ko, tapos na sila magbasa nun...

    ReplyDelete

Comments, suggestions and even topic requests are welcome. I only have one rule, be polite. :)